Monday, August 22, 2011

Relaxing Weekend on the View

Nothing new to report after the weekend but the Monday morning routine went so much better than it usually does. I came out of the bathroom and Jack was standing there all dressed and ready to go...WHAT?! That never happens. It's amazing what a little rest will do...lol

So, the boys got to go out with their Dad for a few hours on Saturday and they were so excited to see him. He has been in Huntsville, AL at bomb school for 3 weeks and has 3 more but he came home to see them for the day Saturday. The boys told me they had a great time fishing until the thunder came but then they headed to the Olive Garden or as they call it, "The Noodle Store" for a late lunch and then went and saw Smurfs (I'm kinda jealous, I wanted to see that). Well, what did I do, you ask? I spent the day with friends. Tammy, Laurie and I went to lunch and just sat and chatted for a while both at the restaurant and then back on Laurie's front porch. The group got bigger once we got to the porch. We sat there for hours just talking and then decided ice cream was a good dinner choice so we headed to Cold Stone Creamery. I say it was a great choice! We got back about the same time the boys did and we just watched them all play the rest of the night. Sunday was also super relaxing with bike riding, wiffleball and kickball! I love relaxing weekends!

No comments: