Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rapids Soccer - Parents vs. Kids

Jack's last practice was last night and they made it a game against the parents. I was there for the first half before I had to leave to get Drew to his game (we'll talk about that later). Jack was excited about playing and told me to "Bring it, Mom". Let's just say in that short amount of time, it was "brought". :) I said, "Hey, little man, not only did you get scored on by your Mom, you got scored on by a girl." To say he was not pleased would be a gross understatement. Before you say I'm mean, let me be clear in what I teach my boys and what I believe...there are in fact winners AND losers, good sportsmanship is the most important, not everyone gets to play all the time and that's the way it is, and I don't believe everyone should get a trophy. I think kids need to learn to lose and be gracious when they do. Okay, I will get off my soapbox now...haha
Thanks for the great practice, Jack! Your soccer skills have improved so much this season and I truly love watching you play! You amaze me everyday on and off the field! xoxo

No comments: