Monday, May 23, 2011

Welch Elementary 1st grade Yankee Doodle Honors Program

Today was the 1st Grade Honors Program at Jack's school and they did a Yankee Doodle Theme. They were all suppose to wear red, white or blue for the program because they would be singing Yankee Doodle. It was really cute. At the end of the program they signed God Bless America and it was fantastic. They did a really great job, but I have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised they let them do that song in the public school. Way to go, Welch Elementary!!

Now, on to the awards...Jack got the Citizenship Award (good conduct) again this year and like I told you last year, it is an award that is expected in our house so while I am very proud of him, I expect nothing less. He also got recognized for the Accelerated Reader Program. He got a ticket to Six Flags because he completed his 360 minutes of reading. Jack is a really great reader and is a really great student. I am so proud of him! Great job, Jack!! xoxo

Ms Summer's 1st Grade Class
Mommy and her very smart Boy!

No comments: